Saturday, January 7, 2012

TWINS!!!!!

My wife and I learned that were were pregnant about 9 weeks ago. It's our first pregnancy and my parents' first grand child. Needless to say, there was quite a bit of excitement. Crissy, or should I say Aunt Crissy, had already set her sights (and sewing prowess) on baby clothes. And then came the sonogram:
TWINS!!!

I'm super excited and super terrified. I have no idea how I'm going to pay for two kids at once. One was going to be a challenge by its self. Wow.

Shock and awe aside, it's time to get busy. My wife is going to need maternity clothes and then we are going to need baby clothes and accessories. It's also possible, maybe even currently happening, that I could gain some 'sympathy weight' so that Lynette doesn't feel all alone in the I-need-new-pants party. Google has returned some pretty good looking tutorials on converting regular pants to maternity ones; can anyone recommend one method over another?

Also, I'd like to thank Thread OvMetal for bringing these disgustingly cute cowboy booties onto my radar:
There are some great pictures of her finished products on her blog. This may be the sort of thing that my mom falls in love with and turns out by the dozens. (I can only hope). Well, that's all for now. I need to get some measurements taken for new sewing projects, give my wife a massage, and order seeds for this summer's garden. Looks like it's going to be a busy growing season all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment